Sunday, December 14, 2014

Monsters vs Aliens Movie Review


This movie is actually more fun than the poster and trailer made it seem back in it´s day...

The story fallows Susan, a young woman who is getting ready to get married and going to live her life has a regular housewife until catastrophe hits on her wedding day, a giant meteor hits her making her become a giant, thus the government takes her from society and locks her away along with other monsters like her; so their time to prove themselves arrives when the government makes them fight against an innovation of aliens.

I have to say that the strength of the movie comes along from the main character Susan; the way the movie plays out her predicament is made in a way that you do feel legitimately bad for her... she is very innocent and would´t even hurt a fly yet everybody is terrified of her, and has icing on the cake her fiancé turns out to be an asshole. The rest of the cast is quite likable has well, I think some people won´t like these side characters but I felt like they didn't came across has obnoxious at any time; in fact I did felt like they were given some funny things to say and do has well has doing a good job in showing how much of a pack of misfits they are.

The animation is also pretty good, the movements and weigh are all very well shown and the characters with different physics move in a way that you would expect them to (or at least me)... textures are good and there is a certain attention to detail that I really appreciate. One thing about the presentation that really took me away from the experience is the character design, the monsters and aliens look alright, but the human character just look awkward to me, like they were trying to make them look like toys or something I don´t know... but Susan is the one they got right though; she looks cute and her design gives room to some funny reactions.

For all my praise it must sound like I love this movie; I actually think is a movie I enjoyed watching twice and that´s it, it´s a fun film but nothing special... is not like the movie changes or does anything new or big for the 3D animated films.

Check it out and judge for yourself if you haven´t already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... this took a while, I am still thinking about what other marathon of films I could look at has well has working on the comic...

Boy is hard to be a one men crew... XP

Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment