Saturday, June 13, 2015

Jurassic World Movie Review


Jurassic World is the 4th film in the Jurassic Park franchise and it was pretty good... although a little rough around the edges.

Unlike the believe of some people, this movie is not a remake or a reboot but a sequel... is unclear of how much time has passed since the original movie but my guess is at least 15 or 20 years after, the park has been opened to the public and it shows the dinosaurs very similar to a big zoo (kinda reminded me to the big parks in the US like sea world more or less), but because to the increasing lack of interest from the public the managers decide to play Dr. Frankenstain with their dinosaurs by creating hybrids and "surprise" all hell breaks loose; although why would they open up a park after the events of the previous films? I don't know.

I felt like the movie was trying to bring over a message just like the original of what happens when humanity plays god and screws with nature, the problem with that is that the first movie already did it but I am not complaining because I know there are plenty of people to whom this is the first time they have seen a jurassic park movie so maybe this is the first time they hear this message... one can be a little forgiving has it's hard to really have a concept like this brought along a second time, hans this is a new way to do it really.

There are plenty of things to like about this movie, I particularly love that in this case we see managers of the park struggling to contain a monster while trying to maintain the park running, the main characters are a little more fleshed out that in other jurassic park movies (lost world and jurassic park 3) where we see more intelligent character setup and development. I don't want to spoil anything since by the point of this post the movie is relatively new but it's still a fun survival flick. On the negative, I couldn't buy the child actors, the kid was meh and the teenager was another spoiled prick I could not stand at all.

Now... is it better than the original... well to me is not but I can see how someone who is new to the series can be marveled by the movie itself and some of it's concepts. To me personally it's the theme of the original movie in a new way that makes it feel fresh I can't buy into all of the concepts but I can be forgiving of it's flaws and accept what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment