Monday, February 15, 2016

Hikiko-San Movie "Review"?


Since this is the month of love (A complete unknown concept for me), how about we look at a horror story? That´s right, instead of contaminating the gene pool how about I show you a horror movie based on a Japanese urban legend?

Hikiko-san has here story goes, is about a tormented school girl who was heated by her parents and bullied by her classmates... her soul was so tormented she now roams the world has a vengeful spirit or "oryo"  has it´s usually referred to in her homeland harming and tormenting any unfortunate human to come across here. The legend of Hikiko is not has popular has other oryo stories like that of Sadako Yamamura or Saeki Kayako but I think she has become kinda popular now days, specially with the new cross over versus movie recently by Hisaaki Nagaoka (witch I haven´t seen has of yet).

I didn´t knew about Hikiko until I ran across an animated movie of the same name, it was alright and if you want to check it out I will leave a link here, this movie however tells a slightly different story and if you haven´t seen it and plant to I won´t spoil it for you but let´s just say that if you investigate the story for yourself after seeing the movie you will probably be somewhat confused (I know I was).


I guess what I want is to give some more awareness towards this story, even though is not entirely original or even fascinating there is a special charm to this urban legend in and off itself; bullying is a big issue in many parts of the world and having an urban legend like that of Hikiko-san maybe speaks closer to a lot of people witch is kinda surprising to see this character not getting the same amount of attention has other fictional characters from movies or even creepy pastas...

No comments:

Post a Comment