Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thoughts on Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 and the Storm series


At the point of this post I haven´t finished the story mode yet nor have I been playing it that much either, but basically what I want here is to get my thoughts out on the general Ninja Storm series.

The Naruto franchise is one that I have a wicked love and hate relationship with... 
I like the characters but i hate their portrayal...
i like the story but i hate the way it´s presented...
I like the fighting but I hate how drowned out they eventually get... 

So yeah; I indeed have very polarising thought on the Naruto series. I haven´t been fully able to get into the anime because of the tedious filler episodes and I haven´t read the manga because I haven´t been able to find the time or the will to read it... I guess is one of those things where I have to get into it fully specially when you consider how long the actual story is, but I do have been fortunate enough to play some good Naruto games.

The first game Naruto game I played was Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 for the gamecube (yep it was that long ago), I loved it back then and I wasn´t even into the anime either I just enjoyed the fighting mechanics and the overall game content... the story mode was good at introducing me into the mood of the series has a whole (the fact it was presented with cards was also stupid for the cutscenes), I like it but I am not fully invested into the world. When it comes to the Ninja Storm series I started with second entry, played through the entirety of Storm 3 and skipped Generations and Revolutions... To not make this much longer than it should, let´s just say that these games have never been that good in the fighting department, i´ll admit i really enjoy them but gameplay wise it had issues, the "substitution" wasn´t well incorporated has an evasion mechanic, the combos though easy to perform and simple to understand always has very easy exploitable characteristics etc.

For what I have played of Storm 4 it seems like a vast improvement over everything I´ve just mentioned... I want to go into further detail has to how it is but again I need more time with the game to fully gather my thoughts.

I promise the review for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is coming so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment