Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Remembering Satoru Iwata


When the news that Mr. Iwata passed away the gaming industry let it be known how much it had lost... many have voices their thoughts via you tube videos, tweets, Facebook, etc... there is no doubt that Mr. Iwata has left a big hole in the gaming world.

In case you are unaware about who is Satoru Iwata, he was the CEO and president of nintendo but that is not the reason why people mourn his passing; Iwata was involved in the development of many games that marked the gaming experience of millions around the world like Ballon Fight on the NES, Super Smash Brothers Melee on the Game Cube and even Pokemon Gold and Silver for the GBC back when they thought the game was impossible to code on a cartridge, Iwata found a way.

What makes the passing of Mr. Satoru Iwata all the more tragic is the fact that he left this world way to young at the age of 55, that is still at a time where life continues; the tumor that Iwata fought was present since the year 2014, in fact he was absent of E3 at the time because of that very reason...

I have never really gave my full thoughts on the state of nintendo has how they are, however I will admit that I personally disagreed with the business choices that Mr. Iwata had made, I often thought that he should have stepped down has CEO and let someone else takeover... but I never wished death to the men, what makes his passing specially tragic for me is the fact that I grew up with nintendo consoles in my childhood and like many who grew up playing games, nintendo has meant a lot to me... to know now that Iwata had a hand on some of does games like SMB Melee and Kirby 64 makes me fell specially sad for never knowing this before his passing.

It breaks my heart to know that someone so young has passed away, I know what is like to loose a family member so my condolences to his family and friends... The gaming industry has lost a visionary men, even if I didn´t agree with his decisions has CEO of nintendo, I admire his work has game designer and his "Iwata Asks" sessions of nintendo direct; he was indeed a great person who always wanted what was best for his workers, friends and the fans.

RIP Satoru Iwata


No comments:

Post a Comment