Thursday, August 7, 2014

How To Train Your Dragon 2 Review


I was waiting to see this movie for some time now and to be honest I was expecting a little better than what I got... (Spoiler Warning)

It continues the story of the first movie and expands the world of the original with new characters, exploring the old ones, creative dragon designs and a cool villain; but what is it about this movie that does not get me enough? If anything I should like it even more than the first... I think is because the way the events unfold and connect to one another feel like a build up to the next moment instead of one huge epic tale, I also think that Hiccup´s mother was arbitrarily placed in the movie just to have her be there and "bond" with her son, I didn´t hated her or anything like that... I just feel that she could have been handled in a better way or just have her REALLY been dead instead of the typical "Oh no, you see, I was alive this whole time living hidden from you and everyone else" cliché....

To be fair, I loved the animation far more that in the original, the scenes where they are flaying are splendid, the facial animations and body language are much better and I even dare say that the animation team deserves a gold medal... the character models are really good has well and has a whole the movie just looks much better, playing with vivid colors and splendid locals.

I enjoyed watching this movie and I never got bored by it... I just feel that in comparison to the original it fails to be better but is not worst either so I would say it´s just has good. If I had to give this 2 movies a score, both would be a 7.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment