Saturday, September 13, 2014

Final Fantasy XIII Game Review



I have to admit I am not the biggest Final Fantasy fan in the world, in fact I have never really understood the fascination with this franchise; I have looked up plenty on the internet and well... let's just say this games have never been really my taste. I decided to try out the "then new" Final Fantasy XIII and I saw how wrong my perspective was.

The story is quite... slow; the sequence of events happen so late and so cold that by then you will probably not even know what happened before for you to feel necessarily invested in the story, however the characters are quite likable and memorable witch give the game that edge of memorability that is sometimes is missing in common games. Gameplay wise it fares quite well, although I am not much of fan of the direct action it uses in the battles, it makes the fights quite tiresome and repetitive at the end of the day; many times I want to avoid these fights but you HAVE to, not because they are unavoidable... but because you need to to level up.

Visually is great (even by today standers) and the animation on the characters are quite good, the music is very good too with plenty of memorable tracks and big and interesting worlds. The game doesn't offer the freedom to go and do whatever you want until the last few chapters, witch makes the whole game feel like a giant tutorial at times.

Final Fantasy XIII is not the most popular among fans, is in fact seen often has the worst, while I respectfully disagree I can see what they mean when they complaint; I still think is a solid game if judge on it's own... maybe if it didn't bare the title it does and was called something completely different it would sure be seen much better and probably would have been embraced by people with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment