Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Toy Story 3 Review


At this point everybody in the world has seen this film and we can all agree it´s pretty good...

When I first watched this movie I loved it, I saw all three films and I hold them close to my heart because the franchise in general has been fallowing me ever since i am a kid so of course I have a deep affection for the characters and story line in general... however the more I think about Toy Story 3 itself on it´s own I see a couple of things that makes me wander if the movie was ever THAT good.

The story fallows Andy has he is all grown up now, has he is going to college he needs to figure out what to do with his toys and the toys worry about their future... the setup is great and very dark; with all that I have said I should think this is the best of the series however I don´t. I think that the story tries too hard sometimes, like it´s trying to be edgy just for the sake of being edgy, for example: the scene where they are about to be burned to death and all the toys grab hands I remember being certain they would make it out alive and what happened? they made it out alive! What makes people get wooby in this moment is the fact that the characters themselves are known and beloved, so seeing them in such danger for prolong exposure makes you care for them and it seemed to have worked but knowing the movie I was watching I find hard to feel something here.

The ending is also something that now seem to get kind of a mix reception, many say they see their childhood in this scene and the moment they cried while others say is overly melodramatic... I have to say that I find myself more on that 2nd boat. The first time I saw this movie I liked when Andy went through every single toy giving their description to this little girl showing how he sees them, that´s neat I like it... but after when he starts playing with her and the toys I was being a little disturbed... It would have worked better if after the shows her the toys he just walks away and one last glance at them before driving off, I think that would have made a more powerful last impression than the way it was shown.

My favorite scene of the movie is ironically the part where Bonnie is playing with Woody and her toys somewhere in the middle of the movie... it was adorable, cute, well shoot and well animated, I remember smiling in the theater and it´s still the one scene I remember the most from this movie:



Toy Story 3 it´s a very good film; I just find myself thinking of it has the "not has good" of the trilogy and this is more of what I could say from other third parts in movies...

No comments:

Post a Comment