Thursday, October 2, 2014

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Movie Review


The second movie of the saga is "Chamber of Secrets" and I consider this one somewhat better than the first but basically because of the foundation that it moves the story forward, is slightly more dark than it´s predecessor while still being comedic and fun to watch, not to mention takes slightly more risks.

Harry is back on Howarts for his second year and again danger is on sight when a hidden chamber is opened in the school endangering all the students with a monstrous criture roaming freely around the Howarts castle; despite the warnings Harry still decided to attend and now he must play the game of death and discover the chamber of secrets...

While I do stand by that this movie is very good, I can see the problems it has, most of the problems are because of the writing though... like for example: Why is the Whomping Willow so close to the school? such a dangerous killer tree should not be there, casualties of students would skyrocket! But regardless of does there is a strong story backing it up, it really made me wanna see what was the mystery all the way to the end; and the ending is really heart warming. The performances from the main trio really improves in this film, even Radcliffe has some really good moments on screen; and he should (he plays the main character after all). But if there is one thing I absolutely did not like about this movie one bit was the Dobby character, while not the most annoying character in the world he did came across has an obnoxious little pest at times...

Chris Columbus takes the director seat once again and like in the last movie I can notice his style of "friendly" but "serious" when it needs too be, even on visual terms I can see the style echoing has well, even more than in the last film, I can imagine he was maybe trying to improve over the last movie and I think that for the most part he did even if it may not really be for the compliance of everybody in his audience and I can respect that.

I can say that for the most part the changes in passing are for the best in contrast to does in the first movie, but I can tell when there are things good and when they don´t work like they should. Knowing that this movie is solid and that it holds up very well against the standards of the franshice is more than satisfactory for me. Chamber of Secrets is a good sequel, I know some don´t like it has their favorite but I know a good movie when I see it and this one was very good and worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment