Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Matrix Revolutions Movie Review


So... we have Matrix 1 where the story is kinda interesting with descent action scenes... we have "Reloaded" where we have much better action scenes but lackluster story and now we get "Revolutions" where we get pretty much the same only worse.

Released in october 27th 2003 by being shoot back to back with Reloaded and released latter the same year; Revolutions is the final chapter of the Matrix trilogy... or at least Neo´s story. The stage is set and the stakes are high, this movie had plenty of high expectations back when it was coming out with pretty much everybody I knew being crazy about this movie... afterwards the world just slowly remained quiet about the movie; I couldn't tell why back then of course, but now, I figure what that means.

It takes place right after Reloaded and continues all the way through the fight at Zion between humans and machines and just has I expected; the problem with the movie is that I don´t care one bit!
Zion always seemed boring to me... even the scenes in the "real world" are totally "meh" feeling unnecessary in the big picture. The whole fight on Zion I am sure was meant to be the big epic battle, kinda like the "Battle at Helms Deep" in Two Towers, but it just doesn't click when I think of "The Matrix"... Where is the bullet time? where is the cool fight choreography? where are the stylish chases? Nothing that I associate with the Matrix franchise is present here.

The final fight between Neo and Agent Smith in the Matrix is like a parody of Dragon Ball Z; I mean, if we though that the cool fight on Reloaded where an army of Smiths are ganging up on Neo had too much CG, then clearly we never though of this movie doing it has well and making it even more corny. It almost feels like Revolutions is afraid of the world the franchise itself created so it keeps itself away from it  until the point of the "big epic fight" that is when we fatally enter the matrix one last time (after all the scenes in the real world were exhausted), it´s too short, too cheesy, ridiculously funny and just underwhelming overall... thats also not mentioning that is just not enough when this is the only "scene" where we are in the actual "Matrix" (The freaking title of the movie itself!) yeah we are in the matrix at the beginning of the movie but none of the coolness of the franchise is there... is just like when we are in the "real world" with all the lameness...


The ultimate problem I feel is that the movie is just not a satisfying experience... is not trying to be like the previous films showing interesting fight settings and overblown action with impossible circumstances that would never happen in real life... just what happened here? what was the mind set? what was being gained through this movie? I am sorry; but out of all the Matrix films this one feels like the worst... it´s ultimate crime is being painfully forgettable.

I can remember things from the previous two films; from the original I remember the cool concept of the world not being real and questioning our own existence, from Reloaded I remember the cool chase sequence and the fight against the Smith army in the alley but I remember nothing from Revolutions other than how underwhelming it was has a Matrix movie... it´s actually quite sad, like watching a ballon deflating hilariously in the air flaying all over the place.

In my opinion... this one is a skip...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like me on Facebook and fallow me on Twitter

Animatrix is the last movie I will be looking at from the Matrix franchise, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment