Saturday, October 11, 2014

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Movie Review


This is it the last Potter movie in the franchise, Part 2 of "Deathly Hallows" the film that wraps up every loose end in the series and gives a conclusion to this worldwide phenomenon... I gotta say, the movie does end on a good note and there is pretty much every every loose end tied up.

One thing I can say for certain is that the movie is actually quite short, or at least felt like it went by very fast, the final duel between Harry and Voldemort (I doubt I am spoiling anything here... is in every single trailer for the movie) felt like it lasted less than 3 minutes; not to say it had to last 20 minutes either but I do was expecting to see something has exiting has the duel between Dumbledore and Voldemort from "Order of the Phoenix"... something with more bite: instead of just an exchange of lightning bolts for a few minutes an actual battle of two powerful wizards casting various spells against one another!

The whole movie does take place pretty much for the time of the battle of howarts, witch is the main event, and there is a lot going on witch is great to see... even if we can´t truly witness everything, it does capture the essence that howarts is being torn apart and students are dying left and right, it is a very dark picture in contrast to the first films... but it is what they were building up to in the last 4 movies pretty much. The biggest moment was the reveal of Snape´s backstory and his real motivations throughout the whole series, even if the movies gave a little bit away every time about his past (specially in HP1, 3 and 5) and already created speculations; I guess it works because the most crucial points of his motivations are save till this very moment, even if the whole story is not really detailed like in the books; you end up filling for the men and will grow to even respect Severus much more has a character because of that.

The whole crew really seemed to had a ball while making this movie and even if I don´t really believe that it is the best, it is a worthy conclusion to the Potter saga, one that in my opinion worked very well for the kind of emotion they wanted to get from people... even if I find a few plot elements inconsistent or just plain ridiculous, fortunately none of that really dragged me away from the experience.

"Deathly Hallows" in general was pretty good and it is one of the best from the later dark films,  by the end you really feel like you got to know the characters and connected with them at some points, maybe not all of them, but yes at some level at least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Well... that concludes my series of reviews of the Harry Potter saga; I had a lot of fun watching this movies, even if some of them were... less than stelar to put it nicely; I have rewatched these movies again since I last saw then in theaters and it is without a doubt one of the biggest generation marking franchisees of all time because of how many kids have read the books and watch the movies with a passion... and I am sure JK Rowling is proud to know that her story got such a recognition.

If you sticked with me till the end of this marathon, than I hope you enjoyed reading through my posts and I am sure you have your own opinions; if you disagree with me... that´s alright, we all like different things for different reasons... right?

Thanks a lot for coming!
Suscribe to my Facebook page to keep up with the updates on my projects

No comments:

Post a Comment