Saturday, October 4, 2014

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Movie Review


Now up the forth Potter film, "Goblet of Fire"...
The slogan of the movie says "Everything will change" and it sadly does; because it takes a turn from fun and colorful into dark and grim...

That´s right this is the point where the Potter films become a dark series of films. Now just to be clear I like dark stuff, but you see, is not about this series becoming bad because of the serious approach, I am not saying that at all... they just turned into something I was enjoying for being fun and joyful into something much more edgy and serious. But again, the movie itself is actually very good; the beginning is fast and I mean that in a bad way; you nearly get the felling that the Wesley´s and Harry are having fun in the Quidditch World cup because it just flashes by in like 12 minutes of screen time!

After that it´s very good, I like how they represent the teen age like school life at Howarts and it works very well by almost putting you in the setting of the characters we are watching. If there is one thing I absolutely didn't like about this movie is the twist at the end... I wish I could talk about it in details but for the sake of not spoiling anything to anybody; let me just say that I am sure there was a better way to do it...

The best new character is Mad eye Muddy, he is just the most crazy teacher ever; has a matter of fact the scene where he is giving class to his students is maybe my favorite moment of the movie, is both fun and scary. Fleur Delacour (played Clemence Poesy) is very beautiful (even if she gets little development in the movie), Cedrid is likable and Victor is, well, muscular i guess...

Mike Newell is the director of this movie after Cuaron left, he actually did a great job with the movie if I have to be any judge, the script is probably more at blame here than him with the problems I personally have with this movie; this film also had a change of composer from John Williams to Patrick Doyle and his music kicks in way better at emotional moments and quiet scenes.

Goblet of Fire is a good movie, even if by the middle of it, it goes dark and leaves the fun behind... I know this is more about me but hey, I am being honest about how I feel for this movie and I can´t keep it quiet; has much has I enjoy the movie, this is the last of the fun ones if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment