Monday, October 27, 2014

The Matrix Reloaded Movie Review


Now we look at the sequel of the original "Matrix", and despite having a much less interesting story, it has superior action scenes being well recorded and well edited has well.

It was released on May 7th of 2003, that is almost 5 years after the original and the whole cast had returned to represent their roles, and is also directed by the same Wachowski Brothers; bringing in their same technique into the mix... this helps a great deal because it does make it feel like a Matrix sequel.

Reloaded continues the story of the original, where Neo continues his struggle to save Zion from the machines... much more convoluted stuff happens and basically is all about them trying to reach the core of the Matrix and see how to prevent the further expansion of the machine's dominance has well has the trapped human souls within the virtual reality.


When I say the story is convoluted I mean that it feels like it's going around in circles without telling me anything I need to know that is relevant to the main story without moving forward; like a dog chasing it's own tail before going finally going out to fetching the stick. It wouldn't be so bad if there was interesting character development in between, but the characters are so boring and dull that I sometimes wander who are the robots... The main characters specially are very stiff and boring to look at, I don't buy into the Neo/Trinity romance at all and the story is shoving down our throats that they are each others motivation to fight for a future.


However the action in this movie is very fun to watch, even better than that of the first film... is fast, is thrilling, you can tell what it´s going on (for the most part at least); is just a fun roller coster flick that is having fun along side with you... that is of course until it tries to tell the story it´s supposed to, but instead makes it hard to focus because of how it all lacks grip and instead has me wandering "When is the next cool action scene coming?"... you know it´s bad when you are less interested in the story of a movie than in the flashy combat.


If it wasn't called "Matrix" I probably would have associated this with another action film, but the esthetic and directing is what convinces me that the name is not just something placed in the title to sell movie tickets, but it really feels like it´s a sequel, I know I have said this before but it really clicks, it marvels me because I know when something like this is a true sequel or not... the same way I can tell with movies like "Terminator 2" or "The Empire Strikes Back". It´s hard to explain but just trust me when I say that the movie itself does make it into the sequel area.

The Matrix Reloaded is a good sequel to the original, maybe not story wise has the majority of the goods come from the action department but that should not be incentive to turn you off. Do what I did, I went to grab myself a snack when the talking wasn't doing it for me then come back to see all the cool fighting the movie has to offer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like me on Facebook and fallow me on Twitter

Revolutions and Animatrix are coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment